WILL Women Invested in Learning and Livelihoods
(age 18-25, extension of all programs)
- Provides a bridge of support for employed women, equipping them with the necessary information, resources, and tools to advance in their careers
- Consists of monthly workshops related to financial literacy, education and career advancement, and provides a savings match to participants
- Connects participants with supportive services and professional mentoring
- Supports career pathways opportunities and retention through collaborations with employers
Core Placement Services (age 14-25)
- Offers job placement services, employment support, guidance, and retention
- Provides employment referrals and facilitates client contact with employers
- Conducts job-readiness training and workshops focused on topics such as interview skills, application completion, and resume assistance
- Provides post-employment support to promote job retention, career advancement, and self sufficiency
Questions About Core Placement Services? See the Core Placement Services FAQ.
The Outpost (Evanston Township High School students)
- YJC’s satellite office at Evanston Township High School (Room W201)
- Assists students with job readiness, placement and career planning
- The Outpost also offers ongoing eight-week “Learn to Earn” workshops that provide students with the steps necessary to succeed in the workplace
Questions about the Outpost? See the Out of School Youth Program FAQ.
Career Internship Program (age 18-21)
- A subset of the OOSY program, provides 200 hours of paid work experience in areas of career interest (ie. healthcare, manufacturing, security, etc.)
- Focuses on practical skills development via on-the-job training/shadowing and education and certification attainment concurrently with the work experience
Out of School Youth Career Program/OOSY (age 18-21)
- A collaboration with the Workforce Development Board of Northern Cook County
- Helps job seekers gain the skills and education necessary to maintain employment
- Links clients to post-secondary training and apprenticeships (clients may receive up to 2 years of funding to attend approved colleges and technical programs)
- Provides job placement services, retention support, and supportive services
Questions about the Out of School Youth Career Program? See the Out of School Youth Program FAQ.
The Summer Tutors Program (age 14-16)
- The Summer Tutors Program hires students ages 14-16 to be teacher, library and office assistants in District 65 elementary summer schools
- Tutors learn valuable job skills and gain experience in education and administration as they serve as positive role models for their younger peers
Questions about the Summer Tutors Program? See Summer Tutors Program FAQ.